Ellis Scholars are selected on the basis of merit, character, academics, determination, and need. We look for students who are committed to completing a college education or technical certificate, but who need a little help getting there.
We Hold Students Accountable. Ellis Scholars are Required to:
- Maintain a minimum college GPA of 2.5.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
- Complete eight consecutive semesters.
- Send at least one thank-you/update note each semester to their sponsor.
- Participate in our proven mentoring program.
America’s Future Workforce
By 2025, over 60% of the jobs in America will require post-secondary education or training. We encourage our students to make a direct connection between their degree selection and a tangible, self-supporting career.
Ellis Scholars are encouraged to get involved, whether on campus, in their degree field, or in their local community. On-campus Ellis groups participate in community service. We are encouraged by the numbers of Ellis Alums who complete their degrees and return to their hometowns as future contributors.