Advisors Excel Personal Financial Planning Scholarship
The Ellis Foundation, in partnership with Advisors Excel, is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity at Kansas State University.
Advisors Excel is proud to offer three $5,000 scholarships to incoming minority and/or female students pursuing a degree in Kansas State University’s Personal Financial Planning (PFP) program. “For the 20 years I’ve been in the financial services industry, there have been many discussions about the lack of minorities and women in the profession. We want to start taking action and change that.” -Advisors Excel Co-Founder, Cody Foster.
- Minority and/or female high school senior of a Shawnee County high school
- Starting college the fall following high school graduation
- Attending Kansas State University and pursuing a degree in personal financial planning (PFP)
- Priority consideration is given to students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and an ACT score of 20 or higher, financial need of each student is considered
- Request access to our online application by contacting Miranda Kassner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants are selected for interviews on a rolling basis. Not all applicants will be chosen for an interview. Once interviewed, those who receive the scholarship will be notified by mail by May 1.
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher throughout college
- Scholarship award is $5,000 annually and eligible for renewal
- All monies are paid directly to the university for college-billed expenses only
- Each semester, students are required to write one thank you note, attend one mentoring session in person, and participate in our Ellis peer-to-peer mentoring program